Lection 1: GSM introduction
Lection 2-3: GSM architecture
Lection 4: GSM physical and logical channels
Lection 5: Speech coding
Lection 6: Channel coding
Lection 7: Physical and Logical channels
Lection 8: Messages
Lection 9-10: Call management
Lection 11: GPRS
Lection 12: GSM security
Lection 13: Signal propagation and cellular technology
- Basic GSM principles. Standards and protocols. APMS.
- Interfaces of interaction between various segments:
- mobile stations (terminals);
- base station subsystem;
- network subsystem;
- network management system.
- Services, protocols, codes and hardware.
- FDMA – TDMA principles (providing multiple access).
- Quantization, encoders’ standards, algorithms.
- Redundancy checks and noise reduction. Principles and algorithms.
- Bursts and frames. Classification, features, definition.
- Logical channels:
- broadcast control;
- common control;
- dedicated control;
- Studying interfaces layers.
- Principles, algorithms, components interaction.
- Classes, network model, external connections, address allocation.
- 3 security problems: unauthorized access, privacy and identity (location) protection.
- Authentication algorithms.
- Fading (frequency dependent), shadowing, reflection at large obstacles, refraction depending on the density of a medium scattering at small obstacles, diffraction at edges.
- Macro-, micro- and picocells.
- In-building coverage, handling slow and fast moving subscribers.