Lection 1: Structure and architecture of mobile applications
Lection 2: Environment of mobility
Lection 3: Technology of smart client
Lection 4: User interfaces development
Lection 5: Mobile operating systems
Lection 6: Mobile security
Lection 7: Mobile wireless technologies
Lection 8: Cellular technology
Lection 9: Messaging for handheld devices
Lection 10: Data synchronization
Lection 11: Multimedia and quality of service
Lection 12: Mobile networking
Lection 13: Application areas of mobile technologies
The semester attestation by the course includes a couple of mid-term test on the theory knowledge and the final examination over the course topics. As the result, this course enables the students to accomplish the following:
- understand the history of mobile handheld devices and technologies;
- become acquainted with mobile devices classification;
- get to know the mobile operating systems;
- become familiar with the wireless communications;
- look through the mobile devices usage;
- explore the handhelds’ user interface and API;
- study the security problems of mobility;
- get experience in programming suites and emulators for handhelds.
- Primary observation of basic principles and studying particularities of mobile devices.
- Understanding the universe of mobile devices
- Specifying the correct terms
- Crossing and differences in mobile-wireless-desktop solutions
- Understanding the technologies for providing mobility to users
- Observation of principles of organizing user interfaces. Practicing in developing corresponding software.
- Windows Phone
- WPAN: IrDA, Bluetooth, 802.15
- WLAN: 802.11a, b, g, HIPERLAN/2
- WWAN: GSM, TDMA, CDMA, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA
- Satellite networks: TDMA, CDMA, FDMA
- System Schema
- Messaging systems architecture
- Messaging systems components
- Handheld devices types
- Observation of data synchronization protocols.
- Multimedia transfer and QoS parameters
- Multimedia in mobile world
- Studying different network protocols and technologies.
- Enumerating different spheres of mobile application. This last lection is intended to total the whole course and help to achieve understanding of practical applications of various devices and technologies.